delete will assure file is deleted?

Maciej Dziardziel fiedzia at fiedzia.prv.pl
Tue Apr 26 06:46:34 EDT 2005

ajikoe at gmail.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If I use os.remove(fileName), does it always assure that the code will
> move to the next code only if the fileName is deleted completely?

Yes, it will be deleted, but not necessary completly. Deleting isn't equal
to erasing file's content, so it might be possible to recover deleted file,
plus on some systems  deleted files are kept for those processes (and only
for them), who are still using them, and disappear  when everyone close
them.

--
Maciej "Fiedzia" Dziardziel (fiedzia (at) fiedzia (dot) prv (dot) pl)
www.fiedzia.prv.pl

Giraffiti: Concrete art spray-painted very, very high.