[perl-python] Python documentation moronicities (continued)

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Tue Apr 12 18:07:06 EDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:06:36 +0200, Roman Neuhauser
<neuhauser+python-list#python.org at sigpipe.cz> wrote:

>    Unfortunately, the python community seems to bathe in the
>    misorganized half-documentation, see e. g.
>    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=python-list&m=111303919606261&w=2
>    especially the reply that (as I read it) suggested reverse
>    engineering as a viable alternative to documentation.

As I read the reply, it was a smart-arse attempt at humour, a *PUN* on
the word "list" (mailing list versus Python list). What I would call
"introspection" (not "reverse engineering") was then suggested.

Moreover, both of the concepts mentioned in the quoted thread
(sequence.index() and the "in" operator) are IMESHO adequately
documented.

Do you have any examples of what you regard as "misorganized
half-documentation"?

Here's a puzzle for you: Where does this list appear? What's missing?

"..., Mullender, Nagata, Ng, Oner, Oppelstrup, ..."