Python 2.4 killing commercial Windows Python development ?

Michael Kearns michael.kearns at REMOVEsaaconsultants.com
Tue Apr 12 04:48:35 EDT 2005

Do Re Mi chel La Si Do wrote:
> Hi !
>
> This DLL come also with MS-JVM engine, who is free.  Therefore...

This is very true (and the .NET suggestion as well). However, why should
I require an end-user to install MS-JVM or the .NET framework, purely
for a simple little launcher application ?

The main application it launches is Java, but there's no way it would
run on the MS-JVM, and .NET just gives a load more technology that we
don't really need (and is a bigger install than the entire application).

Michael.