(PHP or Python) Developing something like www.tribe.net

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 01:20:13 EDT 2005

Mir Nazim:
> Can you please brief me a bit about your decision to CherryPy

Decision? I made no decision about CherryPy, I am actually a Quixote
user. I evalued CherryPy six months ago and I did not like it, since
they were using custom classes and a strange compilation procedure.

However, from the presentation I saw at the ACCU conference, it looks
like now CherryPy is much more pythonic than before (use the definition
you like for pythonic). If I was shopping for a web framework today, I
would
certainly consider CherryPy.

CherryPy and Quixote are in the same league, Zope and Twisted and PEAK
are in an enterely different league. They are meant for programming in
the large
and do not scale well for small size applications. CherryPy and Quixote
are for
programming in the small, I have not idea how they scale in the large.
Is your application going to be large (many developers, hundred of
components, hundreds of thousand of lines of code) or small?

                   Michele Simionato