Looking for Benchmarklets to improve pyvm

coffeebug fritoj at netscape.net
Fri Apr 1 12:42:27 EST 2005

Hi Stelios,
Newbie here ("new" to the language and scripting in general).
I'm trying to figure out what you mean by bytecode.  Do you mean
a virtual python environment that can be hosted by any anonymous
operating system?   For example, you want to run Python programs on
BEOS so you crank up its version of PYVM and load a Python source code
and run it?

Or do you mean you want Python that's been compiled down to something
like p-code on my machine, then you receive the p-code that you can
expect to run?

Is pyvm your own work?

Has anyone computed the digits of pi (3.14159265) in Python?
That might be a good application for string processing.
Jim in Indiana USA