Programming Language for Systems Administrator

Kanthi Kiran Narisetti TechAlerts at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 09:13:38 EDT 2005

Hi All,

Thank You for your suggestions....I request you all to eloborate the
Uses(In Practical) for systems administrator.Some of my questions
regarding the same follows.

1)Can i build web applications in Python ? If so how. I am planning to
build a web application for intranet use which deals with workflow of
Internal office communication.

2)Which is best opensource database to be used with Python ?

3)When i write a remote execution script in python is it required that
python should be installed in remote system.

4)I heard about Perl/CGI and that CGI application done by python
too.....Is CGI still valid when PHP has taken over the WebApplication
Development, Dominating.

Sorry if these questions are out of this group , but answers to these ?
will help me a lot.

Thanks in Advance

Kanthi.