Refactoring in Python.

Peter Dembinski pdemb at gazeta.pl
Tue Apr 19 14:28:57 EDT 2005

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

>     Peter> I am trying to write Master Thesis on refactoring Python
>     Peter> code.  Where should I look for information?
>
> I'm not sure, but one piece of code to check out would probably
> be Bicycle Repair Man, a early-stage prototype refactoring tool
> for Python.  I don't recall where it's hosted.  Google will know.

Well, I can't simply describe Bicycle Repairing Man in my thesis :)

The idea is to define some 'mechanics' for refactoring Python code
without specialized refactoring browser.  In other words, I want
to convert Fowler's refactorizations to Python.

Similar work (or its seeds) is here:
http://hiper.com.br/python/refactor/index.html

--
http://www.dembiński.prv.pl