Apache mod_python

Dan dan at dontspammecauseidontlikit.com
Sun Apr 17 23:18:35 EDT 2005

I've been writing a server application in Python.  The app listens on
a socket and interfaces to a database.

Now I'd like to write a web application to also access the database.
It seems natural to use Python.  I've installed mod_python (Debian
libapache2-mod-python2.3, mod_python 3.1.3-4).

My question is, how mature/stable is mod_python?  Is it suitable for a
production environment?  The documentation is a bit lacking, and I've
found some errors in the demo example where it looks like the link
should work, but it doesn't. (Could well be something I'm doing.).
I've also noted that there's still work being done on it.

Thanks.

Dan