some sort of permutations...

Tue Apr 12 09:25:55 EDT 2005

Bill Mill wrote:
> On Apr 12, 2005 2:37 AM, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
>
>>"Bernard A." wrote:
>>>i'm looking ... to have all possible length fixed n-uples from a list...
>>... http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/190465
> And, while I'm asking that question, is there a good reference for
> finding such algorithms? Do most people keep an algorithms book handy?
Volume 4 of Knuth's TAOCP (The Art of Computer Programming) is about
combinatorics.  Fascicle 2 is out and relevant.  Admittedly buying
fascicles is a bit like buying a long chapter at a time, but it is
chock-a-block with great stuff. I paid about twenty bucks a fascicle.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org