rudeness was: Python licence again

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Fri Apr 22 17:12:07 EDT 2005

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:08:12 -0400, Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com wrote:

>Laszlo,

>'colour' for British people?
>
>Yes, exactly.

>No need to apologize.  I started to read the postings on this list and was
>dismayed at the depth of rudeness on here.  I thought that pythonistas might
>be a little more patient/tolerant.  I guess I was wrong.  I understood
>exactly what you wanted to say, I just didn't have an answer.  I did find it
>amusing that the person who incorrectly corrected you, was in fact,
>incorrect.
>
>I wonder, how many others out there find that the documentation and
>references materials seem to be written for someone that already knows the
>answer, but are indecipherable, at times, for those that don't know the
>answer.

I wonder how many people complaining about documentation have noticed
the lines at the bottom of typical python.org doc pages (taken from the
first page of the tutorial at http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html):

Release 2.4.1, documentation updated on 30 March 2005.
See About this document... for information on suggesting changes.
           ^

       clickable link to http://docs.python.org/tut/about.html

Regards,
Bengt Richter