goto statement

John Bokma postmaster at castleamber.com
Wed Apr 20 16:23:34 EDT 2005

Reinhold Birkenfeld wrote:

> John Bokma wrote:
>> Mage wrote:

>>> You shouldn't use goto in high-level languages.
>>
>> Nonsense
>
> Thank you!
>
> Above all your claim is well justified.

You are probably smart enough to think of several situations that
justify the use of a goto (or something that is a goto in disguise, like
an early return in a function, a break or a continue, or a switch).

One can abuse a goto in any language, like every other language
construction. But don't make it a "shouldn't" like a law.

Some people take Dijkstra too serious. Learn to think for yourself, I am
sure he did.

--
John                               MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
                           personal page:       http://johnbokma.com/