Gnuplot.py and, _by far_, the weirdest thing I've ever seen on my computer

syd syd.diamond at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 16:22:08 EDT 2005

Thanks for all the help, guys!

The affected computer is at home, but I'll address all these issues
before I post again with my fix.

James: It's on my personal box, and I've got reiserfs.

David:
OS: GNU/Linux 2.4 (Gentoo)
Python 2.3
GNUplot 1.6

I just checked the Gentoo Portage tree and 1.7 is listed "~x86"
(unstable), so unwittingly I had gotten 1.6 when I emerged gnuplot-py.
Definitely, the first thing I'm going to do is upgrade to 1.7.

Before I do, though, I'll try to see if this works:
Gnuplot.GnuplotOpts.prefer_fifo_data = 0
Gnuplot.GnuplotOpts.prefer_inline_data = 1

It sounds like Paul had the same problem.  I'll also try the "binary =
1" before I upgrade.

Fernando, that's a creative solution, I'll try it as well...
while 1:
  if os.path.isfile(your_plot_filename):
    break
  time.sleep(1)