(Python newbie) Using XP-SP2/MSVC6: No Python24_d.lib, winzip barfs on Python-2.4.1.tar, cannot download bzip2

Bill Davy Bill at SynectixLtd.com
Fri Apr 22 08:19:46 EDT 2005

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>> ImportError: No module named SHIP
>>
> Two common problems here:
> 1) There is no file *\SHIP.pyd where * is one entry of sys.path
> 2) The capitalization is not correct.  The file lookup will succeed,
>    but then, when "initSHIP(void)" is hunted for in the module, no such
>    function will be found.  It is kind of surprising to get the funny
>    mix of case-sensitivity and case-insensitivity that results from
>    mixing Python and Windows.  By the way, I might not even have it
>    right here; I simply make everything as if all tests were case-
>    sensitive.
>
> --Scott David Daniels
> Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org

And also Python may be looking for SHIP_d.pyd too (as it is Windows Debug
version).

Anyway, I am making prgress (but see new thread on IDLE)

Thanks for the help.

Bill