delete will assure file is deleted?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Wed Apr 27 08:59:45 EDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:33:52 -0500, rumours say that Mike Meyer
<mwm at mired.org> might have written:

>This is just a little bit tricky. os.remove (on FreeBSD 5-STABLE,
>anyway) throws an OSError exception if it doesn't have permission to
>remove the file, *or* if the file doesn't exist. You have to examine
>the exception for it's value, which is the result of a strerror
>call. I believe that the result of strerror is platform dependent.

Although I don't have experience with FreeBSD, so far checking the
exception's errno args does the job.  Example:

import errno

try:
except OSError, exc:
	if exc.errno == errno.ENOENT: # file inexistant
	elif exc.errno == errno.EPERM: # no permissions
   else:
      raise
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.