Codig style: " or """

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Wed Apr 13 11:26:49 EDT 2005

Sara Khalatbari  <sarapythonlist at yahoo.com> wrote:
>What are the differences between " and """ ?

The triple-quote form lets you write multi-line quoted strings:

"""This function does a lot of neat stuff.  It takes
many lines of text to describe what it does.

Multiple paragraphs, even.
"""

>To be very honest: I have a very strict boss who looks
>for bugs in my codes & he insists to know exactly
>which 'CODING STYLE AUTHORITATIVE SOURCE' I've based
>my coding style on when using " or """.

Show him PEP-8 (http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0008.html).  PEP-8, in
turn, references a few other style PEPs.  If adopting them wholesale
as authoritative is all you need to keep your PHB happy, go for it.