PIL pilfont.py

Daewon YOON dwyoon at purunSPAMinfo.co.kr
Thu Apr 14 09:29:25 EDT 2005

Hi.

I tried to convert a bdf file using pilfont.py script. Instead producing
pretty font images, it complained like following.

**
daewian:~/fonting$ ./pilfont.py gulim24.bdf
gulim24.bdf...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./pilfont.py", line 47, in ?
    p.save(f)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/PIL/FontFile.py", line 105, in
save1
    self.bitmap.save(os.path.splitext(filename)[0] + ".pbm", "PNG")
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'save'
**

Gulim is a korean font with KSX encoding.
The script worked fine with a ntimb08.bdf. So I suspect the script
doesn't like non-latin
characters.

Can anybody help me?

BTW, my previous problem with truetype() was solved. Some ttf files work and
others don't.

--
zooy