Web application toolkit recommendation?

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Tue Apr 5 00:00:05 EDT 2005

Stewart Midwinter wrote:
> I would like to take a stab at doing this in Python instead of PHP,
> but I'd like to hear from people who are familiar with both, or who
> have a good understanding of web application toolkits in Python.
> Which is likely to be the least painful route?
>
> I'm already using Snakelets for a private internet blog, and would use
> this if there were a database access module available.

There are many database access modules available. SQLObject
(http://sqlobject.org/) works well with web applications. If you like,
I've got one called Dejavu (http://www.aminus.org/rbre/python/) which
needs more use cases ;)

Or is there something special about webapps which you feel requires a
database module to be integrated with the app framework?

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org