Line Removal strategy

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Wed Aug 24 05:17:54 EDT 2005

On 23 Aug 2005 14:07:15 -0700, "PyPK" <superprad at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi I am looking for a simple algorithm for removing straight lines in a
>given Image using something like an PIL or simpler.

The simplest is if you are in control of drawing in the first place
and don't draw the lines ;-) Otherwise, you need to define your
requirements a little more precisely. E.g., replacing horizontal
and vertical runs of identical pixels of a given color with another
given background color could be one definition. Removing an
arbitrarily diagonal anti-aliased line of some undprcified width
running through a speckled background is a different problem ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter