Jargons of Info Tech industry

Ulrich Hobelmann u.hobelmann at web.de
Fri Aug 26 07:43:02 EDT 2005

John Bokma wrote:
> Ulrich Hobelmann <u.hobelmann at web.de> wrote:
>
>> What I hate about most are the sites that don't even *mention* that
>> they want cookies.  Often I have to wonder, reinput input fields etc.
>> and then after ten minutes trying *bang*, the idea, maybe to allow
>> cookies for that site.
>
> So your browser doesn't warn you?

About what?  I have cookies off, with explicit exception for sites where
I want cookies.  When the crappy website doesn't bother to MENTION that
it wants cookies, i.e. give me an error page, how am I to know that it
needs cookies?  Do I want EVERY website to ask me "do you allow XY to
set a cookie?"  NO!

--
I believe in Karma.  That means I can do bad things to people
all day long and I assume they deserve it.