Wheel-reinvention with Python

Brian Victor homeusenet at brianhv.org
Mon Aug 15 08:42:54 EDT 2005

jbperez808 at yahoo.com wrote:
> Torsten Bronger wrote:
>> I've been having a closer look at wxPython which is not Pythonic at
>> all and bad documented.  Probably I'll use it nevertheless.
> Aye.  Couldn't agree more.

You know, whenever someone mentions wxPython being badly documented, I
have to wonder whether they know about the nearly 2000 page PDF of
wxWidgets documentation, which is available in html at
http://www.wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.6.1/wx_contents.html

wxPython has the same API as wxWidgets, except where indicated in that
manual.  If in doubt, you can also consult
http://wxpython.org/docs/api/

And of course, the gaps are filled in by the wxPython wiki:
http://wiki.wxpython.org/

I apologize if you already know about these things, but I find myself
continually surprised that "wxPython is badly documented" has become
conventional wisdom when I have never found that to be the case.

--
Brian