pygettext ?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Wed Aug 3 04:42:32 EDT 2005

cantabile napisał(a):

> Hi, I'm trying to write an internationalized app. I'm learning python
> and read that pygettext would help me, but I found elsewhere it was
> obsolete (??)
> So, what's the correct and up to date tool to i18n python ?
> Is there a tutorial somewhere (python docs has nothing really usable :
> I'd like at least an example!)

Here's a page from wxPython wiki, but I think it may be usable also with
other GUI toolkits, as it contains many generic introductory
informations: http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/Internationalization

Also, check sources of some existing application that has good i18n
implementation, Gajim (http://www.gajim.org/) comes first to my mind.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/