Art of Unit Testing

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Tue Aug 2 15:11:52 EDT 2005

Thanks for the link, Grig. I wasn't aware of the py lib so far. The
possibility to create fixtures at the three different scopes is exactly
what I was looking for.

Anyway, I think it would be nice to have that feature in the standard
lib unittest as well. It should not be too hard to add setUpOnce and
tearDownOnce methods in addition to setUp and tearDown. Actually, I am
wondering that there doesn't seem to be any development progress since
unittest was included in the standard lib of Python 2.1 in August 2001.
I had expected that such an important module would be continually
improved and maintained. How come? So few people using unit tests? Or do
most people write their own testing code or use py.test?

-- Christoph