ANN: Kamaelia 0.2.0 released!

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 07:53:29 EDT 2005

[Michael Sparks]
| Phil Hunt wrote:
|
| > Kamaelia seems it might be an interesting project. However, I don't
| > think the project is well served by this announcement -- which I
| > find vague and hard to understand. Which is a shame, because it
| > means that other people probably don't understand it very well
| > either, which means less people will use it.
|
| It is a shame, and thanks for mentioning this. Let me have another
| go :-) (ripping to shreds welcome :)
|
| OK, here's a better go. (It's always difficult to think where to pitch
| this sort of thing)

[... snip ...]

I just wanted to say that I find the ideas behind Kamaelia
interesting, and I only wish I had an application for it!
Because I'm not especially into media-streaming, I'm more
interested in it from the point of view of the generator-based
architecture.

What prompted me to write now was in appreciation of Michael's
taking the effort to recast his words into a form which might
well be understood better by others (including me) when he
might well have simply huffed a bit and told the other poster
to read the words on the site and stop complaining about the HTML!

Thanks, Michael. Hope the project continues apace and if I
can ever find a need for it, I'll know where to look.

Tim Golden

http://www.star.net.uk