The ONLY thing that prevents me from using Python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Aug 5 10:34:17 EDT 2005

"Kevin" <816168 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1123248107.576277.319410 at g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> The problem is that it's difficult to find hosting services with Python
> installed and supported.

The Python Wiki has lists of both free and commercial hosting services.
The top page is http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonHosting.  Did you look at
these?  Are the choices inadequate?  (I have no idea, never having been
involved with the subject.)
> I am sure this issue has already been raised a billion times.

Yes, that is why the wiki pages were added.  Improvements are welcome, I
presume.
> I really wish Python could be more widely available on web server
> machines. This is just my own experience and I would like to hear your
> comments.

We all wish that.  But in my ignorance, I wonder why the few that there are
are so insufficient that you would drop Python (for PHP, no less).  Do
clients require that you use specific hosting services, even though they do
not host a preferred package?  Do the few Python hosters that there are,
knowing that they are few, exploit Python developers with high rates or
other obnoxious policies?  This issue has been raised enough that I really
am curious.

Terry J. Reedy