using common lisp with python.

cipherpunk at gmail.com cipherpunk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:07:13 EDT 2005

Your best bet is probably to look into your LISP environment's FFI
(Foreign Function Interface).  Most LISP environments have some way to
call C code directly.  Insofar as going back the other way... that I'm
a little more sketchy on.  Guile (the Scheme compiler from GNU) is a
strong contender, though.  It's not Common LISP, but it's a LISP with
copious documentation for how to call it from C.

I really can't see a reason to use Python as a glue layer.  I'd
recommend rewriting your LISP code in Python before I'd recommend using
Python to interface between Common LISP and C.