python for microcontrollers

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Aug 9 20:40:32 EDT 2005

Evil Bastard wrote:
> Paul Rubin wrote:
>> Pick a different language.
>
> Maybe I should clean up my forth compiler instead, and get it ready for
> the prime time.

In searching for an existing Lua virtual machine** for the PIC,
following on my previous posting, I came across several references to
Forth implementations for the PIC.  Maybe rolling your own isn't
necessary here.

-Peter

** I was rather surprised to discover a distinct lack of evidence that
anyone has a Lua VM for the PIC.  There appear to be traces of
interpreters written for chips of similar scale to the PIC 18F series,
but none specifically for the PIC.  So while it would probably make an
interesting project, and I'm pretty sure it's quite feasible, grabbing
an off the shelf Forth might be a more productive use of your time.