Dabo in 30 seconds?

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Aug 2 09:15:41 EDT 2005

James Stroud  <jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu> wrote:
>Perhaps some of us are writing software with non-developer end-users in mind
>and we kind of keep that mentality when evaluating modules our code uses.

In the commercial environment I'm working in, non-developer end-users
get a frozen executable. They don't know that there are eight packages
not included in the standard library (including wxPython) in there,
unless they go looking in the licences directory. They don't even have
to install Python. Using a swarm of potentially awkward third-party
modules and keeping things simple for the user are not incompatible.

Of course, going back to Dabo there is the question of whether it has
such a thing as a non-developer end-user.

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"