Module Name Conflicts

torched_smurf at yahoo.com torched_smurf at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 19:06:46 EDT 2005

I have a java program in a package called 'cmd'. This of course
conflicts with the builtin python package of the same name. The thing
is, I need to be able to import from both of these packages in the same
script. I can import either one first, but any future attempt to import
from cmd.* will look up the first cmd that was imported, so the second
package is essentially eclipsed. I've tried fiddling with sys.path and
sys.packageManager.searchPath, to no avail. To answer the obvious first
suggestion, no I can't rename the java package to 'Cmd' or anything
like that. Any ideas?

-Smurf