ANN: SPE 0.8.1.b IDE (realtime error underlining & script tooltips)
SPE - Stani's Python Editor
spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 21:37:49 CET 2005
Release news from http://pythonide.stani.be
This new release is for under your Christmas tree. (If you want more
presents, just donate to SPE and receive the manual in your mailbox ;-)
There are so many changes and fixes. The new cool features not to be
missed are the realtime error underlinging and the tooltips for the
file tabs, which gives you a preview of the file by the docstring.
Mac users should upgrade as this fixed the most critical bug of SPE on
Mac, the click inside selection crash.
So just open the package and discover the present...
- errors are underlined in red as you type (as preference)
- tooltips on tabs showing path and docstring
- drag and drop for script tabs
- Edit>Show docstring (Ctrl+Shift+Space)
- middle click pastes selected text
- single instance application (enable it as preference)
- file tabs (thanks to Andrea Gavana's NotebookCtrl)
- add single click toggle for explore (not for Mac)
- better code completion and docstring
- dialog popup to confirm save before executing whole file
- if signature not specified opens a choose file dialog
- selected text is now always copied to the find dialog
- clicking inside selection=deselect(no mac crash anymore)
- launching debugger
- removed unnecessary print statement
- find in files clear behavior (by Thurston Stone)
- ask to save before running a modified file
- changed text 'save before run' to 'save before execute'
- run with sys.executable (movable python)
- info.PYTHON_EXEC to pythonw for Mac
- __name__ in shell is now "__main__" for executing scripts
- Kiki dialog box (by Andrea Gavana)
- import sys when right version wxPython is not found
- auto reload change file is off by default
- Andrea Gavana
- Thurston Stone
- Bill Peterson (manual review)
- Michael Foord (manual review)
- Theo de Ridder (for a lot of suggestions & critical feedback)
- Ramon Diaz-Uriarte, http://ligarto.org/rdiaz (15 euro)
- Dmeetry Raizman, Symula Inc, http://www.symula.com (20 dollar)
Both donators received the SPE manual.
- See http://pythonide.stani.be/manual/html/manual2.html
- There is now an update section for MacOS X!
SPE is a python IDE with auto-indentation, auto completion, call tips,
syntax coloring, uml viewer, syntax highlighting, class explorer,
source index, auto todo list, sticky notes, integrated pycrust shell,
python file browser, recent file browser, drag&drop, context help, ...
Special is its blender support with a blender 3d object browser and its
ability to run interactively inside blender. Spe integrates with XRCed
designer) and ships with wxGlade (gui designer), PyChecker (source
code doctor), Kiki (regular expression console) and WinPdb (remote,
SPE is looking for people who can take screenshots for the new
The development of SPE is driven by its donations. Anyone who donates
can ask for an nice pdf version of the manual without ads (60 pages).
More information about the Python-list