ANN: Dao Language v.0.9.6-beta is release!

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Wed Dec 7 04:43:09 EST 2005

Op 2005-12-07, Christophe schreef <chris.cavalaria at free.fr>:
> Paul Rubin a écrit :
>> Antoon Pardon <apardon at forel.vub.ac.be> writes:
>>
>>>But lately I have been wondering about doing the following:
>>>end = None
>>>  if ...:
>>>  end
>>>IMO it looks better, but I'm reluctant because it suggest
>>>some checking by the compilor, which just doesn't happen.
>>

>> I don't think you can always do that.
>>
>>     try:
>>     end
>>     except blah:
>>
>> looks syntactically invalid.
>
> You shouldn't put "end" before the except but after :
>
> try:
> except blah:
> end

What I was wondering about. Some year back  or longer someone
suggested a module he had written could help those who like
end markers.

He had written a function 'end' you could use as follows and
that would check if it ended the right block.

  if ...:
  end('if')

Can anyone recall? I have tried google to find it back, but
no luck. A pointer would be much appreciated.

--
Antoon Pardon