ANN: Dao Language v.0.9.6-beta is release!

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Mon Dec 12 05:21:02 EST 2005

Op 2005-12-11, Rick Wotnaz schreef <desparn at wtf.com>:

> Because you're accustomed to one set of conventions, you
> may find Python's set strange at first. Please try it, and
> don't fight it. See if your objections don't fade away. If
> you're like most Python newbies, you'll stop thinking about
> brackets before long, and if you're like a lot of us,
> you'll wonder what those funny squiggles mean when you are
> forced to revert to one of those more primitive languages.

I think the suggestion that those who have some problem
with how python deals with compound statements - obligated
indentation, no end markers - are newbees, is getting
stale. I am not a newbee and I have problems with it.
I had problems with it when I was a newbee, grew used
to it and even liked it at some point and now again
have problems with it.

Well problems is probably too strong, would prefer
differently seems closer.

--
Antoon Pardon