Indentation/whitespace

James Tanis jtanis at pycoder.org
Sat Dec 24 02:14:11 EST 2005

On 23 Dec 2005 15:22:39 -0800, thakadu <thakadu at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is not really unique to Python as I have pointed out on this or
> other forums before. The Occam (OCCAM?) language also uses significant
> whitespace in much the same way as Python and there may also be others.

Your right of course, but I don't think it really even needs to be
said. I mean whether or not Python is the only language that uses
white space in a significant manner doesn't change the fact that..
well Python can do whatever the heck Python wants to do with its
syntax. Honestly I wonder how so many coders actually came to be
interested in the field -- one that pretty much thrives in part on its
neverending ability to vary, grow, and change -- if something so small
can warrant so much attention.

--
James Tanis
jtanis at pycoder.org