Help designing reading/writing a xml-fileformat

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 13 15:11:59 EST 2005

[Jacob Kroon]
> I'm writing a block-diagram editor, and could use some tips about
> writing/reading
> diagrams to/from an xml file format.

I highly recommend reading David Mertz excellent articles on the
conversion of objects to xml and vice-versa.

On the 'Pythonic' treatment of XML documents as objects, I + II
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/xml-matters1/index.html
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/xml-matters2/index.html

Revisiting xml_pickle and xml_objectify
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-matters11.html

> Anyone have a good idea on how to approach this problem ?
> (I do not want to use the pickle module)

Why not the pickle module? XML-format pickles are a good solution to
your problem, IMHO.

--
alan kennedy