Win32api shellexecute Bshow

Josh JoshuaACohen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 11:44:01 EST 2005

Hi All,

I am trying to print a pdf file from python using the Win32api
shellexecute method and am having a problem, or perhaps just a
misunderstanding, with the bshow parameter. Am I correct to assume that
if the bshow parm is set to 0, that the program will not show when
launched? e.g.:

win32api.ShellExecute (0, "print", "test.pdf", None, ".", 0)

When this statment is executed, Adobe Acrobat is launched and made
visible to the user, however the actual PDF is hidden. I do not wish
for Acrobat to be seen either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Josh