About standard library improvement

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 18:34:47 EST 2005

Lee Harr wrote:
> On 2005-02-03, BJörn Lindqvist <bjourne at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>The process seem slow. I've submitted two patches and haven't gotten
>>any response so far, but it has only been three weeks. Other patches
>>seem to be idling for months. I'm not complaining, just want to know
>>why the process is so slow and what you can do when you submit
>>patches/bug reports to speed it up?
>
> I am certainly no expert, but I follow the lists. I recall
> reading something recently that a lot of the logjam is the
> need for people to look over other patches that have been
> submitted. Something along the lines of ... if everyone
> who submits a patch will just go through and check over
> 10 other patches we will have this backup sorted quickly.

Yeah, a few of the python-devvers have agreed to this setup.  And the
patch count has been lowered to 5.  So if you really want to get your
patch reviewed, find 5 patches, look them over, test them out, and then
post your recommendations on how these patches should be handled to
python-dev.  Then point them to the patch you'd like reviewed, and when
the generous python-devvers who have agreed to this setup get a chance,
they will review your patch.

STeVe