python connect to server using SSH protocol

Kartic kartic.krishnamurthy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 11:01:00 EST 2005

ajikoe at gmail.com wrote:
> How can python connect to server which use SSH protocol?
> Is it easy since my python has to run third party vendor, write data,
> read data inside the server (supercomputer).
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Sincerely Yours,
> Pujo Aji

Pujo,

There are two Python oriented SSH solutions.
1. pyssh (pyssh.sf.net) which is a library for programmatically
controlling ssh.
2. Paramiko (http://www.lag.net/paramiko/) which are python bindings
for the SSH2 protocol.

I have used neither of these packages, so I am in no position to
recommend anything.

Of course, you have the usual popen() functions that you can use to
invoke SSH.

Thanks,
-Kartic