Reference count question

cedric paille cedric.dev at tele2.fr
Wed Feb 2 04:40:07 EST 2005

Hi all, i'm working on an app that embed python 2.3 with Gnu/Linux, and i'd like to have some precisions:

I'm making python's modules to extend my application's functions with a built in script editor.
At now all works very well, but i'd like to know if i'm not forgetting some references inc/dec....

Here is a portion of my code:

static PyObject *
Scene_GetNodeGraph(PyObject *self, PyObject *args)
{
  NodeGraph* Ng = NodeGraph::GetInstance();
  std::vector<String> NodG;
  Ng->GetNodeGraph(NodG);
  PyObject* List = PyList_New(NodG.size());
  PyObject* Str = NULL;
  std::vector<String>::iterator it = NodG.begin();
  int i = 0;
  for (;it != NodG.end();it++)
  {
    Str = PyString_FromString(it->AsChar());
    PyList_SetItem(List,i,Str);
     i++;
  }
  return List;
}

Can someone take a look at this and tell me if i must add some inc/decref ?

Thanks.