bytecode obfuscation

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 17:10:55 EST 2005

> > Everything except the libraries that actually connect to the
> > bank networks would be open source, and those libraries aren't
> > something that you would even want to touch anyways.
>
> This sounds suspicious to me. Really. Normal payment clearance programs
> have open-spec API's.

I think you might be thinking of api's from companies like Verisign,
which are online payment processors.  Online payment processors in
turn connect to direct processors such as Firstdata, Vital, Global
Payment, etc..  Those direct processors do not have open-spec API's,
at least none of them that I have worked with and I've certified with
most of them at one point or another.