ANN: Frog 1.3 released (python 'blog' application)

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 6 14:36:31 EST 2005

Jorey Bump wrote:

> Thanks, I'm impressed. However, I feel as though the file manager should be
> integrated with Frog in a such a way that it is enabled automatically for
> users when they are created. The mkuser.py script felt a bit awkward,
> especially when creating users was so easy in the administrative interface.

I can only agree with this :)

> And once logged in, a user shouldn't need to authenticate to the file
> manager separately.

That is a feature that Snakelets (the web server) doesn't provide yet.
You can only be authenticated on a per-webapp basis.
It is on my to-do list to add a centralized login thing.

> I understand that the file manager was developed as a standalone webapp,
> but the virtual user support is a big plus in Frog, and it would be great
> to start uploading images to blogfiles/user/ right away.

Agreed, and I think it will be better integrated in a future version.
For now, you'll just have to login twice or hack your own centralized
logon thing ;-)

Have fun,

--Irmen de Jong