Popularizing SimpleHTTPServer and CGIHTTPServer

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 3 09:37:22 EST 2005

Jorey Bump wrote:
> Does anyone know how to use SimpleHTTPServer to:
>
> 1. Support virtual hosts?
>
> 2. Support SSL?
>
> I'd like to use SimpleHTTPServer to create some simple reporting utilities,
> but can't get past these two points. Is there a NotSoSimpleHTTPServer?

Give Snakelets a try (snakelets.sf.net).
I started it based on SimpleHTTPServer (but it has grown quite a bit
since), it supports virtual hosts, though not SSL (yet).

Maybe it strikes a good balance for you between features and complexity
(or simplicity, if you like).

--Irmen