[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Mon Feb 14 07:26:39 EST 2005

Robert Kern wrote:
> Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>> Robert Kern wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>> The answer to most of your questions is, "Because no one has yet
>>> volunteered their time and effort to get the job done."
>>
>> this answer do not fit in most questions.
>>
>> please review them again.
>
> Against my better judgement, I have.
>
> It certainly fits a, b, and c. It also fits d if you place an implicit
> "Yes, " in front of the answer. 4/6. I stick with my assessment.

see below.

[...]
>> I ask some questions and suggest some things.
>>
>> Voluntarlily and without beeing paid.
>
> Questions and suggestions are don't count for much in this community.
> Code and well-written patches do.
>
> Stop wasting time on c.l.py and get to work! If you can't do that, then
> this is not the community you are looking for.

Please speak for yourself.

>> There are many commercial systems around python.
>
> And yet there is not one company that has someone devoted full-time to
> developing Python. Not even Guido.

Who's "Guido"?

> Most of core-Python development happens in people's spare, unpaid time.
>
> Volunteerism is the core of this community. Trust me.

even if:

Volunteerism does not exclude Professionalism.

>> So please stop this volunteerism-stuff.
>
> No. You are asking others to volunteer their time, or perhaps,
> alternately, the PSF and other businesses to volunteer their money to
> fund people's time to satisfy *your* wants. I am asking you to volunteer
> *your* time to satisfy *your* wants,

I'm already doing this.

> or alternately, stop writing questionnaires and bothering us.

Feel free to ignore the threads.

And please speak for yourself.

> Note that this reaction is pretty specific to you and not to other
> newcomers. Most newcomers do not carry around a sense of entitlement
> that could flatten a small village. Thus, they are treated with respect
> and helpfulness. We would appreciate it if you would emulate these
> people. On a purely pragmatic note, you have to admit that they are
> getting much better help than you are.

I get the help that I want.

>> If you like to help me and other newcomers, please give me simple some
>> answers on the initial questions.
>
> I did provide some answers. Please review them again.

Please have the gentleness [against me and the current/future readers]
to answer within the context of the original writings.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com