wxPython OGL future

D H x at y.z
Tue Feb 15 00:58:20 EST 2005

PD wrote:
> I don't think I want that much out of it necessarily. I just feel
> really weird writing new software with deprecated libraries. By the
> time Im done with my project, I have to put all these disclaimers on
> how the new versions of wxWidgets might not work. The thing I am really
> concerened about is if wxPython decides to drop OGL because it is
> deprecated... anyhow thats my 2 cents.

Actually, I think the information on the wxpython wiki is now out of
date.  OGL was implemented in C and wxpython provided a wrapper.  That
version is now dead.  But they rewrote OGL in pure python.  So it isn't
obsolete yet I believe.  Since it is written in python you can easily
extend it or whatever.

Instead of saying "import wx.ogl as ogl", say
"import wx.lib.ogl as ogl".