- E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Pat pobrien at orbtech.com
Mon Feb 14 14:00:25 EST 2005

Actually, no.  We ran into some issues with Python 2.4 that caused us
to return to Python 2.3.5.  But I would really like to upgrade to
Python 2.4.  So I started researching the subject before I did
anything.

If you are telling me that minGW can compile extensions that are
compatible with the Python 2.4 that uses msvcr71.dll, then that is good
news indeed.  Is there anything that needs to be configured or patched
to make this happen?  And how does minGW know which dll to link?  What
if I have both versions of Python installed - 2.3.5 and 2.4?  Is there
an easy way to detect this and switch between the two dlls?

If I'm asking questions already answered elsewhere, I'd love a link to
that resource, if you have it.

Thanks,

Pat

Patrick K. O'Brien