Is email package thread safe? (fwd)

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Wed Feb 9 15:17:31 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Antoon Pardon wrote:

> Op 2005-02-09, Roman Suzi schreef <rnd at onego.ru>:
>>
>> Just to be sure, is email package of Python 2.3 thread-safe or not
>> (to use, for example, in python-milter?)

>> Can I assume that everything
>> else without such notice is thread-safe?
>
> I doubt it. There is no indication that the email package uses any
> kind of locking. So multiple thread working on the same message
> will probably screw things up.

Of course, I do not let threads to work on the same message!
I meant that the package doesn't pose other kinds of restrictions.
Can it work in _any_ situation work on two different messages at the same
time, without any interference?

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
rnd at onego.ru =\= My AI powered by GNU/Linux RedHat 7.3