access problem with DCOM server written in python

Achim Domma (Procoders) domma at procoders.net
Sat Feb 5 14:25:49 EST 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with a DCOM server written in python. Here is my
minimal test object:

class TestObject:
     _reg_clsid_ = "{ECDBB3BC-F0BF-4eef-87C0-D179A928DAB5}"
     _reg_progid_ = "DComTest.Object"
     _reg_desc_ = "DComTest.Object"
     _public_methods_ = ['testit']

     def __init__(self):
         pass

     def testit(self): pass

if __name__=='__main__':
     #   register object
     from win32com.server.register import UseCommandLine
     UseCommandLine(TestObject)

The object is registered on server S and on client C. The user U exists
on both machines with the same password. Accessing 'normal' C++ COM
objects from C on S works fine, which means the DCOM is working at all.

U is able to create the object localy, but accessing my test object via
DCOM gives me an 'access denied'. I used dcomcnfg to grand U the right
to start and access the object on S (same settings as for working C++
objects), but I still get 'access denied'.

The server was newly setup. The script was working on another setup, but
I have no idea what might be the differnce.

BTW: Accessing the object with an admin account works just fine.

Any hint on how to solve, or at least debug, the problem?

regards,
Achim