Zen of Python

Paul Rubin http
Sat Jan 22 07:32:30 EST 2005

Dave Benjamin <dave.benjamin at gmail.com> writes:
> Can we get a show of hands for all of those who have written or are
> currently maintaining code that uses the leaky listcomp "feature"?

It's really irrelevant whether anyone is using a feature or not.  If
the feature is documented as being available, it means that removing
it is an incompatible change that can break existing code which
currently conforms to the spec.  If the "feature" is described as the
bug that it is, anything that relies on it is nonconformant.

I do remember seeing some cute tricks (i.e. capable of becoming
idioms) that depend on the leakage.