Accessing MDB files on Windows

Jorge Luiz Godoy Filho godoy at ieee.org
Wed Jan 19 12:17:55 EST 2005

Steve Holden, Quarta 19 Janeiro 2005 14:38, wrote:

> Note that DAO is a very old library, and nowadays ADO would probably be
> the preferred method in the Windows environment (can DAO even *use*
> oledb providers?). ADO libraries are available - see
>
>    http://www.markcarter.me.uk/computing/python/ado.html
>
> for example, or Google for "python ado". Bottom line, there are many
> ways to skin this particular cat.

Hmmm...   I see.  I'm trying to avoid having to install external modules at
my client's server.  Should I use, given that both DAO and ODBC are
available with the win32all extensions, DAO or ODBC?

Or would ADO give me so much more performance that I should really use it?

--
Godoy.     <godoy at ieee.org>