cx_freeze error

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Jan 29 23:12:05 EST 2005

zyqnews at 163.net wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.
> I tried it  and the result is:
> [cxfreeze]$ python
> Python 2.2.3 (#1, Oct 15 2003, 23:33:35)
> [GCC 3.3.1 20030930 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.1-6)] on linux2

> <function compile at 0x81a244c>

> '/usr/lib/python2.2/re.pyc'
>
> Is there any hint?

"Hint", maybe.  Clear answer, not for me.

What it means is that your re module definitely has a "compile"
function, as it is supposed to.  What that suggests is that when
the textwrap.py module is being imported by cx_freeze, it is
not finding the correct "re" module when it imports it.
I don't know anything about cx_freeze, and I don't have
an appropriately configured Linux box to help troubleshoot,
so I can't help further, but maybe somebody else could
try compiling a simple "hello.py" like you did and offer
some suggestions.

-Peter