ConfigParser - add a stop sentinel?

Larry Bates lbates at syscononline.com
Wed Jan 12 12:39:31 EST 2005

You should probably consider NOT doing what you suggest.  You
would need to do some rather extensive work so you can support
the .write method of ConfigParser.  With a little ingenuity
I've been able to user ConfigParser to support some very
different and complex syntaxes on different projects.  If this
won't work, just have two different (separate) files.

If you are dead set on combining these two, put your foreign
syntax lines into the file as comments.  ConfigParser will
not process them, and you can have some other class extract
only the comments and parse them independently.

Regards,
Larry Bates