list item's position

Sean sean at buildingonline.com
Wed Jan 19 22:38:22 EST 2005

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but...

>>> li = ['this','is','a','list','of','strings']
>>> li = [l for l in li if li.index(l) >= li.index('a')]
>>> li
['a', 'list', 'of', 'strings']

--
Sean Berry ~ Internet Systems Programmer
BuildingOnline Inc.
news:csn747$3fq$1 at solaris.cc.vt.edu...